Thursday 27 August 2015

Photo Medley - August

Another month's coming to a close so it's time again for a round up of the photos which haven't yet made it on to the blog. Lots more to share from our recent holiday.

This is the view we had as we were driving across the North Yorks Moors, the sky was threatening, we did have some rain when we arrived in Whitby.


The sheep looked at us as we passed. We had to be very careful as many were right by the side of the road.


Lobster Pots. Whitby is a bustling fishing port.


The ideal place to go when you're having a disagreement.


Archie enjoying Dalby Forest. He really loved it here, he could come off his lead and be free.


The beach at Sandsend. I love how quiet it is here, so different from the busy seaside towns of Scarborough, Bridlington and Whitby.


The tide was bringing in lots of pebbles.


I'm not sure if Archie could taste the salt from the sea or if he was licking sand off his nose.


Looking towards Lindisfarne Castle. There's so many beautiful views on the island.


Archie enjoying Cocklawburn beach. A sunny day for a change.


Just after we arrived home. Everything in the garden had grown so much, including the grass. I'm not sure if Archie was pleased to be back on his own turf or a bit depressed because his holiday had come to a close.


I've still got quite a few things to write about the holiday so they'll be coming up in future posts. I hope you're not fed up of hearing about it yet.

27 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Jo.
    I love the grey sullen sky in the first pic reminds me of Wuthering Heights.
    But of course the ones of Archie are the sweetest.
    Hope you are well and enjoying the waining days of Summer...
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the moors can be very atmospheric, especially when the sky's grey and the weather's closing in. I'm glad you like the photos of Archie, he's such a lovely dog, but then I'm biased.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely area to visit. I have so much still to explore. Thanks for sharing your holiday, never fed up. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't taken a holiday north of where we live before but it's such a beautiful area. There's so many more places in the UK I want to discover, though I doubt I'll ever come to the end of my list.

      Delete
  3. It's always good to see your photo medley's Jo.
    I love those pebbles and tide, the lobster pots and that sheep!

    Enjoy your Thursday

    All the best Jan

    PS Archie is as cute as ever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The holiday has taken over my photo medley this month but we had such a lovely time. I think Archie practices being cute, he's got it off to a fine art.

      Delete
  4. Lovely selection of pictures. The last one, of Archie, has me smiling.
    Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archie doesn't usually stay in one position long enough for me to get the shot I want. This time he stayed like that whilst I went indoors to get my camera, I'm not sure if he was glad to be home or not, perhaps he was sulking.

      Delete
  5. I love the Yorkshire Moors, good to see Archie had such a good holiday too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moors are a beautiful area, we're so lucky in Yorkshire, we have a bit of everything. Archie loved his holiday, he always does.

      Delete
  6. Looks like you had a lovely time and did Archie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all had a wonderful time, it's a shame we had to come home again.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photo's nice to see Archie having fun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's such a happy dog, I do love taking him to places he likes.

      Delete
  9. Ahhh, Archie. He's so like Rosie was - except she hated getting wet. Give him a hug from me! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archie loves getting wet, he's a typical boy. He runs to the sea as soon as we let him off his lead, stands there and looks back at us as if to say "I'm in". I will give him a hug from you.

      Delete
  10. I'm certainly not bored with your lovely holiday pics. It's good to know that you all enjoyed so much including Archie. My favourites would have to be looking toward Lindisfarne Castle and the lobster pots. Have a good weekend and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To say the weather wasn't at its best, we managed to do plenty on our holiday. I agree, there's some beautiful views from Lindisfarne.

      Delete
  11. That's got to be the face of 'doggy post-holiday blues'!!! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to catch up with your photos! Sorry that I haven't left so many comments lately, but I have been reading! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to do a round up of photos at the end of each month but the holiday has taken over somewhat this time.

      Delete
  13. A good holiday should take over the medley, and this definitely looked good! Archie is so cute x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a good time. I've still got lots more to write about the holiday, we seem to have packed quite a lot in to it when I look back and remember.

      Delete
  14. Far from it, I'm enjoying your trip around the scenic North.
    Lovely photos of Archie, as always.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased you're enjoying hearing about our holiday, you will definitely have to take a trip to my neck of the woods sometime.

      Delete