Friday 17 July 2015

I Received A RAK

It was at the end of last year when Sally from Crafty Northerner asked if anyone would like to receive a RAK, a Random Act of Kindness. It's no wonder then that after I'd put my name down and said that I'd love to receive one that I promptly forgot all about it. I'm glad that I did as it was a lovely surprise when I received a parcel at the start of the week. Inside were some beautifully wrapped goodies and a lovely card.


So what did I get? Well, lots of lovely, happy things. Some sheepy socks - so cute, a badge - already pinned to my coat, some paper drinking straws - these remind me so much of my childhood, especially drinking yucky warm milk through them at school. I shall find something much nicer to drink through them this time.


I also got this cute little angel pad. I love the cover, it's just the sort of mishaps that happen to me.


Archie wasn't left out either, Sally's beautiful black labrador, Anni B, sent a treat for him too. She must know the way to his heart is through his stomach. I'm having to ration them otherwise they'd be all gone by now, he's such a greedy hound.

Thank you so much Sally, I'm thrilled with everything.

Sally asked that anyone participating should pass on the love by offering to send a RAK themselves so would anyone like to play along? Please leave a comment letting me know if you'd like to take part and I'll pick two names at random who will receive a little happy gift in the post sometime between now and the end of the year. Again, I'd ask that if you want to participate, you should be willing to pass on the love again and offer to send a RAK yourself. Go on, you know you want to.

26 comments:

  1. How lovely getting a surprise in the post, including Archie! Wonderful goodies and we always had to drink our milk straight out of the bottle at school, definitely no straws and you can imagine how warm (hot) our was in summer here in Oz. (yuk, but I still love milk). I love the notebook and once saw a lady with her skirt tucked into her knickers and didn't know if I should tell her. I was quite young and shy at the time. Have a great weekend and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to receive surprise parcels in the post, always exciting. I'm afraid my milk drinking days at school put me off for life, I don't even like milk puddings now. Ha ha, I saw a poor lady walking round B&Q with her skirt tucked in to her knickers once, like you, I was too shy to tell her.

      Delete
  2. I did sign up a while ago but heard nothing. I am happy to send out a gift to anyone. I keep a supply of gifty items on hand at all times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea keeping some gifts on hand. I love receiving surprises through the post, but enjoy giving them just as much.

      Delete
  3. Lovely selection of goodies. The angel picture and your comment on Archie made me smile. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a lovely surprise. Archie enjoyed his treat too.

      Delete
  4. Gosh, was it really that long ago. I know I wanted to wait until you had completely forgotten about it. I hope someone else wants to take part - it is a lot of fun stalking (erm blog reading to get a feel to what the person may like).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked back through your posts and was surprised to find it was so long ago, it's no wonder I'd forgotten all about it. It made it a lovely surprise though. I think it's a wonderful idea, I do like to surprise people so this is right up my street. Thank you again, I love everything you sent.

      Delete
  5. Haha, laughed at that mishap. A few years back I hosted a meet up at knitting show in London about 20 members came .we had lunch and I popped into the loo. I came out walked a good few minutes back to my seat in a very crowded diniing room when a friend nudged me , yes , you guessed it I had my top tucked into pants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, that's so funny, but so me too, I sympathise. If it's going to happen, it usually happens to me.

      Delete
  6. I never did partake of the warm milk at school preferring to give it to my friend who actually liked drinking it - ugh!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urgh! It put me off milk for life. I wish I had a friend who enjoyed it, as it was, I was forced to stay in during playtime until I'd finished the lot.

      Delete
  7. That did look a lovely surprise ...love those socks!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always lovely to receive a parcel you're not expecting. I do love fancy socks, I'd have chosen them myself.

      Delete
  8. count me in jo,i,m happy to send a loving gift to ,have a lovely day ,its blowy and cloudy here today ,whats the weather like in your neck of the woods ? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the same here. I'm hoping it doesn't rain as Mick's got a cricket match this afternoon but there's big, black clouds looming overhead so I'm not optimistic.

      Delete
  9. What a lovely gift to receive and so typical of you to pass it on Jo! You are so lovely and so is Sally! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to receive such a generous parcel full of happy things. I shall enjoy passing it on.

      Delete
  10. What a lovely thoughtful thing to do, a lovely surprise too! I'd love to sign up, it sounds like fun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a lovely thing, passing on the love this way. I love receiving gifts but love giving them too.

      Delete
  11. A RAK sounds just great. You got some lovely things in your parcel. The angel picture is funny. I actually walked behind a girl in town who had her dress tucked into her knickers. I thought it would be the right thing to do to tell her. Her reply was simply 'oh, I'm always doing that'. Didn't seem in the least bit bothered by it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled with my RAK parcel, I received lots of lovely goodies. Ha ha, some people just don't get embarrassed over anything, I'd have been mortified.

      Delete
  12. How cute. What a parcel of happy things. I love the badge, very jolly. So kind to include a gift for the adorable Archie!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a happy parcel. Archie was thrilled with his gift, I thought that was a lovely thing for Sally (or Anni B) to do.

      Delete
  13. What a nice thing to do! If it's not too late, I'd like to join in, please Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I've already drawn the names from the hat. I agree, it's a lovely thing so I may even do another in the future.

      Delete