Saturday 29 June 2013

Challenge Update - June

My 2013 challenges are:-

1) Watch one old film each month.

2) List five items on Ebay each month.

3) Have a date night with Mick each month.


I think I must know all the famous quotes from Casablanca, there's so many, though Play It Again, Sam, probably the most famous quote of all, is a misquote and is never said in the film. Though I know all the quotes, I'd never seen the film. I rectified that by making it the film to watch in June. I didn't know the story behind it at all before watching it, so didn't really know what to expect from it. I really enjoyed it, the story thoroughly held my attention, the acting was superb and the characters varied and interesting. It's definitely a film which has stood the test of time.

The Ebay selling is still going well, though I'm surprised that I'm keeping this challenge up as it's quite time consuming photographing and listing everything. I think I've set myself a realistic target of five items each month, that way, I don't get too fed up of doing it. It is good when things sell though and you see the Paypal balance increasing.

Our date night this month was a meal in the local pub. I'd hoped to do something a bit different, a day out somewhere or a place we hadn't been to before, but we've had a bit of a hectic month. My dad has been in hospital for surgery, he's home now but still not properly right so will have to go back in the near future. We've been visiting him whilst he's been in hospital and running my mum around here and there which has really eaten in to our time, but we're only too happy to help out. We enjoyed a couple of hours to ourselves though and the food was delicious.

It's been another month which has sped by and I don't think July will be any different. We go away on holiday to Cornwall in three weeks so I'll have plenty to do getting ready for that, though I'm really looking foward to it. My challenges in July will have to be completed at the beginning of the month, a challenge in itself.

18 comments:

  1. One of the all time classic films, like Gone with the Wind, where everyone knows the story, etc. but a surprising number have never seen it.
    Looks like next month is going to be a busy one! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying my film challenge, it's encouraging me to watch all the films I've never got round to seeing. I think the first half of July will be busy but the end, when we're on holiday, will hopefully be relaxing.

      Delete
  2. That's half the year's challenges done already! Is that a scary thought to anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is scary how the year is whizzing by, we're now nearer Christmas 2013 than we are Christmas 2012.

      Delete
  3. I've never seen Casablanca either, but glad you enjoyed it. Hope your Dad feels better soon, and July is a little less hectic. Good going with your ebay sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your good wishes for my dad. I'm not loving the Ebay listings but I'm loving all the extra money they're generating, it keeps me going with the challenge.

      Delete
  4. Can you believe we are half way through the year already Jo? Scary. Are you saving all your ebay earnings for something in particular?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll soon be Christmas. I suppose it will depend how much money I actually make from the Ebay sales, but I think I will probably put it towards Eleanor's prom next year. She's already got an idea of the style of dress she wants, and she wants some special transport to take her there. She doesn't come cheap that girl of mine.

      Delete
  5. I've never seen Casablanca either. One of those must see films that never end up watching! Hope you have a fab time in Cornwall. Hope you Dad is better soon.
    June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You must try and see Casablanca, it's a really good film, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

      Delete
  6. I have never seen Casablanca - I really must rectify that!! Sorry to hear your Dad is unwell, how worrying. I hope he is better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It' is a worry now my mum and dad are getting older. You must see Casablanca if you get chance, I thought it was a really good film.

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope that he's soon on the mend properly. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He'd been waiting seven months to be taken back in to hospital and then they didn't sort the problem out, so I hope he doesn't have to wait as long again.

      Delete
  8. You are doing well with your challenges, there are so many movies we have just not watched, with kids of different ages by the time you get the younger ones to bed and you get some quiet time, your too tired to stay up! Ah well. We will get around to them. Hope things get better for your Dad, noticed up above from your comment, that he was waiting 7 months, sometimes I think that just adds to the problem don't you? Bet you are looking forward to your holiday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean. My two are at the age where I'm in bed before them now so we're lucky if we get any quiet time. Yes, there was a bit of a botch up with my dad's treatment. A district nurse should have been coming out to him during the seven months but he didn't see anyone which has caused further problems, so it's definitely added to the problem. His next appointment is when we're on holiday so I'm not sure how relaxing a holiday it's going to be now. These things are sent to try us.

      Delete
  9. I've only seen that once, watched it with Graham right back when I first met him, that was a long time ago!
    Ingrid Bergman is so beautiful.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very good film. I'm really enjoying this challenge as it's making me watch films I've wanted to see for a long time but never got round to watching before.

      Delete