Tuesday 11 December 2012

Reading Challenge

My reading challenge is still going well. In November, I managed to get through three books, all of them from The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith. The Good Husband of Zebra Drive, The Miracle at Speedy Motors and Tea Time for the Traditionally Built.




I'm on with the next book in the series now, The Double Comfort Safari Club, and then I've only got one more to read. There's another one in the series which I haven't come across yet, but I'm watching out for it when I visit the charity shops.


I'm really enjoying this series, but as I'm now nearly at the end, I'm looking forward to having a change and reading something a bit different.

13 comments:

  1. What do you think you'll read next?
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure. I've got a queue of books lined up ready to read, but I've also put a couple on my Christmas list so I suppose it depends if I get them bought or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the television series but have not gotten around to reading the books. I enjoyed the series and now look forward to reading all the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never saw the television series, but now that I've read the books I'd like to see it. I've really enjoyed reading the series, a nice, gentle read.

      Delete
  4. "Tea time for the traditionally built" - what a great title! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lead character, Mma Ramotswe, describes herself as traditionally built. I think it's a great expression.

      Delete
  5. Well done, these are ideal 'cosy' books for this time of year. Happy reading, Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a lovely, gentle read, nothing too taxing, my brain can't cope with anything more when I read in bed.

      Delete
  6. I switched the TV off and read a book on Monday evening. It was the first time in ages that I'd carved out some peace and quiet and it was BLISSFUL. I read The Greatcoat by Helen Dunmore - it's a great little ghost story set during the war and the 1950s. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we need to put time aside sometimes, it's so easy to just switch on the TV, even when there's nothing on that we want to watch.

      Delete
    2. I have been passed that book. Thanks for recommending it Jan.

      Sft x

      Delete
    3. Hi Jo,

      I'm not surprised that you're feeling No 1 fatigue.

      I think I might read a Non-Fiction book next-I've got Michael Palin or 401 Amazing Animal Facts on my pile.

      Sft x

      Delete
    4. I enjoy non fiction too, but it's a while since I've read anything.

      Delete