Friday 9 November 2012

ParamountZone

When everyone is at home, our house is always filled with music, whether it's Daniel watching the music channels on television, Eleanor in the playroom on the keyboard or guitar, not to mention her singing, or Mick listening to the radio.

When ParamountZone asked me to try the Tap Shower Radio, I jumped at the chance, I thought it would be something which would get used often in our bathroom.


It's designed like a tap, which you turn to turn the radio on and adjust the volume. It has dials for am or fm and for tuning.











It's so easy to install with the large suction cup, it just clings to the bathroom tiles, and being waterproof, it's safe to have in the shower cubicle or right beside you in the bath.


I have to say that the sound is really good, I've come across radios where the sound is crackly, but this is very clear. That may be down to the fact that it has an antena for fine tuning which many radios of this kind don't have.


The radio takes two AA batteries which aren't included.

It's already been used by everyone in our household, and I can see that it will be a permanent fixture in our bathroom.

At the moment, ParamountZone are offering the Tap Shower Radio at half price, a bargain at £4.99.


I was also asked by ParamountZone to try the Keyfinder Keyring. This is a nifty little gadget which helps you remember where you put your keys.


Simply attach your keys to the keyring and the next time you forget where you put them, give a whistle and the keyring beeps and flashes to tell you where they are. I have to say that the Keyfinder Keyring does sometimes go off with other noises too, such as the clink of a glass or a clatter of dishes.


There's also a built in torch, which is very handy when you're trying to find the keyhole in the dark. This is easily activated with the touch of a button.


The price of the Keyfinder Keyring is £2.99.

With Christmas looming, there's lots of gift ideas on the ParamountZone website. I find it easy to think of things to buy for Eleanor, it's the men in my life that I get stuck on, but I shall be getting many ideas from this site. I shall be checking out the Gadgets catagory and also Toys For Boys. Hopefully, I won't have such a hard time this year thinking of things to put in their stockings.




18 comments:

  1. Ooh, that key finder keyring is just the stocking filler I was looking for ... thanks Jo :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always struggle to find stocking fillers for Mick and Daniel. It's never a problem with Eleanor, there seems to always be something to buy for a girl.

      Delete
  2. If I put a radio in my bathroom I would never get them out of the shower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is that, though I always have to shout and shout to get them out of there anyway.

      Delete
  3. What would we do without our gadgets? I love the tile in that bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a lover of gadgets, but the younger generation would be lost without them. We decorated the bathroom when the children were small and thought the tiles were fun.

      Delete
  4. My hubby loves gadgets, I'll go and see if I can find some stocking fillers for him. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a man thing. There looks to be quite a few fun stocking fillers on the site.

      Delete
  5. They look like the perfect stocking fillers for men. I find them so difficult to get bits and pieces for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, and now Daniel's nearly eighteen, he's as bad to buy for too.

      Delete
  6. Ive been looking for stocking fillers for my boy so thanks for this! Although if I can't get him out of the shower I will blame you!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no difference here, I couldn't get either of my two out of the shower before this. It's so hard to find stocking fillers for boys though, isn't it? I don't have any problem thinking of things for Eleanor.

      Delete
  7. I like the radio - it's just the sort of thing the kids at school would love. I don't think I'll buy one for Mark though - he's can't sing in tune or in time!!! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't technology awesome?
    I was in the Ipad section of our store "Target" the other day and saw that Ipad has this program that's like a hologram... Like in Star Wars when R2D2 was playing the message from Princess Lea... bizarre!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a technophobe. I have to ask the kids if I want to know anything.

      Delete
  9. That shower radio looks great - although I would never get out of the shower if I had the radio on in there, I would just stand there all morning listening to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to get Daniel and Eleanor out of the shower anyway, though perhaps they do spend a little longer in there now they have the radio.

      Delete