Friday 17 August 2012

Holiday Reading

I managed to get through a few books on holiday, mainly books from The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith. I completed the third, fourth and fifth books which are Morality for Beautiful Girls, The Kalahari Typing School for Men and The Full Cupboard of Life.


I also read Meredith by John Kercher. This book was written by Meredith Kercher's father after she was tragically murdered in Perugia, Italy in 2007. He felt that so much had been written in the media about the accused that Meredith had been overlooked, so this book is Meredith's story.


I finished reading Over Hill and Dale by Gervase Phinn, the second book in his Dales series, and I'm now reading the third book in the series, Head Over Heels in the Dales. I'm enjoying these books immensely, they're written with so much humour, and I do enjoy reading about the Yorkshire Dales.


I'm on the lookout for the fourth book in the Dales series now, Up and Down in the Dales.

5 comments:

  1. I've not read any of those - I've picked up the No.1 Detective Agency ones in various shops but never purchased any. I might give one a go! You have been busy!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just reading 'The Good Husband of Zebra Drive'. Love the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency!

    I have a couple in the dales books but haven't read them yet. I look out for Up and Down for you, just in case.

    Sft xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it when you find a series of books and a new author you really enjoy.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't find Gervase Phinn in our library - I would sure like to read those books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comments.

    June - The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency series is a real easy read. There's so many books in the series to keep you going too. Definitely worth a read.

    Sft - Thanks. I visited the charity shops yesterday but didn't come across the book I'm looking for. I did find another in the No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency though.

    Lisa - I like reading a series, you get to know the characters really well.

    Ruth - What a shame your library hasn't got the books. I enjoy them all the more because they're set in the Yorkshire Dales, my very favourite place.

    ReplyDelete