Tuesday 28 February 2012

A Concert And An Invitation

Last night, Eleanor performed in a concert at school. She has private singing lessons out of school, but as her singing teacher was staging a concert at the school which Eleanor attends, she asked if she'd like to take part.


It was a varied programme, songs from musical theatre, classical songs and pop songs. Eleanor sang I Don't Know How To Love Him from Jesus Christ Superstar and Feed The Birds from Mary Poppins. She's due to take her grade 4 singing exam next month and these are two of the songs which she'll be singing for that.

We had a lovely evening, and I'm sure that everyone enjoyed performing, I know Eleanor did.

At lunch time today, Eleanor has been invited to have lunch with the principal, or headmaster as he was called in my school days.


A few pupils have been invited, and I'm eager for her to get home tonight so I can ask her what was served for lunch, and what they talked about. Aren't I nosey?

4 comments:

  1. I hope that Eleanor had a lovely lunch today. I think that it's great that her school sends out proper invitations for this sort of thing! Sounds as if the concert was fab too! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an honour! The concert must have been wonderful, I bet you were so proud of her singing!
    My granddaughter is in a school concert on friday night and although not doing a solo I am really excited to be going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another proud mum moment! Hope all goes well with Eleanor and her exam when it's time. How fab to get a proper posh invite to dinner. I'd be the same wanting to know what happened too!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments.

    Jan - Eleanor enjoyed her lunch with the principal, it was something different.

    Anne - I'm always so pround when I watch Eleanor singing. She got some lovely comments from people in the audience too. Enjoy your grandaughter's concert tomorrow night, I know you will as these events are just wonderful.

    Lisa - I thought it was nice how an invitation was given, a special touch. Eleanor takes her exam in two weeks, fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete