Wednesday 26 January 2011

Bowling

Last year, I ordered some days out vouchers though Tesco Clubcard Rewards as we were going to take a trip on the West Somerset Steam Railway whilst we were on holiday. Unfortunately, we never got round to it, and a couple of weeks ago I came across the vouchers and realised that they expired at the end of January.

I checked on the Clubcard Rewards website to see what options I had and found that they could be used for Tenpin Bowling in York.

It's hard finding things to do as a family when there's a boy of nearly sixteen and a girl of twelve. Neither can agree on what they want to do. Daniel's now at the age where he'd rather be doing anything else rather than going out with his family anyway, but bowling is one thing which we can all enjoy as a family.

As you can see, Daniel won the first game. I was winning the second game until Mick bowled a strike on his last go, hmphhh.

Eleanor won the last game. I tried to get some action shots but it was so dark, I've never been to a bowling alley before which is so poorly lit.

I always exchange my Tesco vouchers for rewards vouchers, they used to be worth four times their value but it's recently been reduced to three times their value. It's still a good deal though and there's something for everyone. I buy my Gardener's World subscription this way at a greatly reduced cost.

3 comments:

  1. It does get hard to find things that you all want to do as a family - but if you keep looking, you will find! We all like going to watch the Basketball - and its fairly cheap too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last summer I took 25 16 year old music students bowling as a 'leaving party'. We had an amazing time and discovered that one of the quietest in the group was a 'demon bowler'! Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's another problem, Diane, cost. You have to take out a mortgage just to do things like going to the cinema as a family these days. It's good when you find something to do which doesn't cost the earth.

    One of the things I love about bowling is that anyone can do it, Jan, from young children to grannies. There is a holiday club at school and Daniel often goes bowling with them.

    ReplyDelete